Question: I have a driver license from other country, can I use it in BC and for how long?
All foreign driver license can use in BC. for three months / 90days, If you have valid home country driving's license and a certified translation of your driver license. So, if not in English, translate it by an ICBC approved translator.
Question: My learner's driver's license will expire soon, can I renew that?
Learner's driver's license is not renewable after expired. You have to take the knowledge test again, which is valid for two years after passing grade.
Question: What Will the road test examiner be looking for?
The driver and examiner must obey the rules of the road. If the driver disobeys or does not understand the examiner's instructions, the examiner will fail the driver.
Question: The following outline are important while doing your road test:
- The ability to drive the car on a public road.
- The ability to obey the rules of the road (traffic laws).
- The ability to park the car on a public street or a private lot.
- The ability to drive the car on a public street in bad weather and in poor visibility (for example, in the rain).
- The ability to parallel park the car on a public street or a private lot.
- The ability to drive the car in a smooth manner.
- The ability to make a left turn at an intersection.
- The ability to make a right turn on a two-way street at an intersection.
- The ability to make a right turn on a one-way street at an intersection.
- The ability to make a right turn at an intersection (only in some cases).
- The ability to make a right turn at a corner.
- The ability to pass other cars at an intersection.
- The ability to pass other cars on a highway.
- The ability to back up the car.
- The ability to park (head in or back up) the car in the parking space provided.
- Fail to stop at stop sign
- Fail to yield to the pedestrians
- Pass the red light
- Drives in the wrong way/lane
- Fail to obey the rules and missing the traffic signs and lights, signals and road marking
- Do not follow the examiner instructions
Question: Can I use the driving school's car for the road test even if I am not ta student?
Yes, you may rent the car for the road test. Please refer to our policy, and road test package rates.
Question: Can I reschedule my road test with ICBC and how?
You can cancel or reschedule your road test at any time online, but ICBC will charge you. The fee is $25, if it's done less than 48 hours prior to your road test time or do not show up for the test.
Note. Your current appointment is held until you confirm your new appointment.
Question: What is the waiting period in the case of road test failing?
Waiting period for passenger vehicles is:
- 14 Dayes after your first test
- 30 Dayes after your second try
- 60 Dayes after second and further attempts.
Question: Can I use a car sharing vehicle for an ICBC road test?
If you plan to use a vehicle from a car sharing co-op or company and are not the named member, you must provide a letter from the company authorizing you to use the vehicle for an ICBC road test; the letter must be written on original letterhead, dated, and signed by a representative of the company.